Coronavirus vaccinations in Siun sote
Online booking for coronavirus vaccination:
Book an appointment for coronavirus vaccination online at jono.eaika.fi/siunsote.html
- Vaccination appointments can be made or cancelled through online booking
Telephone service for booking and changing appointments
The telephone service is available Mondays at 013 330 2131 at 8:00–9:00 AM.
- Coronavirus vaccination appointments can be made or cancelled through the booking service.
- Callers can wait in a queue or leave a callback request. Callbacks are made in the ongoing week.
New bookable appointments on Saturdays and Mondays
New appointments will become available for booking on Saturdays at 12 noon.
Vaccinations, age groups and vaccines
Siun sote is currently providing the first and second vaccines to all those over the age of 5 and the third vaccines to all those over the age of 18 and those aged between 12 and 17 who are in a risk group based on illness. In addition, a 4th and 5th coronavirus vaccine is offered to people over the age of 12 years with severe immune deficiencies.
1st and 2nd coronavirus vaccinations
All persons aged 12 or over can book an appointment for the first coronavirus vaccination. You can book a vaccination appointment online at https://siunsote.eaika.fi/.
You can book an appointment for the 2nd coronavirus vaccination through an online booking service when at least 6 weeks have passed from your first coronavirus vaccination. You can book an appointment for the 2nd vaccination at any of the vaccination points in the Siun sote region.
Coronavirus vaccines are offered to all children aged 5 to 11; getting vaccinated for coronavirus is strongly recommended for children in risk groups.
Vaccination appointments for children aged 5 to11 can be booked via the health station booking service at https://verkkoajanvarauspth.siunsote.fi. You cannot use the children’s coronavirus vaccination booking service to book an appointment for children aged 12 or over. For children to be vaccinated, you need both guardians’ consent: Guardian's consent for a vaccination of a minor against COVID-19 (thl.fi)
4th coronavirus vaccination
4th coronavirus vaccinations are now being offered to
- persons 12 years of age and older with severe immune deficiencies,
- persons 80 years of age and older living in care homes
Persons 12 years of age and older with severe immune deficiencies
- Siun sote has offered 4th coronavirus vaccinations to persons with severe immune deficiencies
- If you are severely immune deficient and have not received an appointment for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th vaccination, you can submit a call-back request at +358 13 330 2705. Those leaving a request will get a call back within a week.
- The recommended interval between the 3rd and 4th vaccines is at least 3 months.
Persons 80 years of age and older and seniors living in care homes
- Siun sote is calling people to offer appointments for a 4th coronavirus vaccination.
- Appointments for 4th vaccinations are being offered to persons over the age of 80 who have already had three coronavirus vaccinations, and whose 3rd vaccination was given at least 3 months earlier.
- Vaccinations are also being offered to those who have been vaccinated twice, and who also have an indication of having been infected by coronavirus. At least 3 months needs to elapse from a coronavirus infection before a 4th vaccine is given.
- Vaccinations for elderly residents of care homes and those getting municipal home care get their vaccinations through the services that they use.
5th coronavirus vaccination
5th coronavirus vaccinations are now being offered to:
- persons 12 year of age and older with severe immune deficiencies
- the recommended interval between the 4th and 5th vaccines is at least 4 months.
Siun sote offers 5th coronavirus vaccinations to persons with severe immune deficiencies by calling.
In addition you can submit a call-back request at +358 13 330 2705. Those leaving a request will get a call back within a week.
Changing the second vaccination appointment
The time for the second coronavirus vaccine is given in connection with the first vaccination. If you are unable to go get the second vaccine at your assigned time, you can change the appointment on Mondays by calling the telephone service:
Telephone service open on Mondays at 8:00-9:00 AM tel. 013-330 2131.
Appointment changes through health stations are only possible in urgent cases and when it is not possible to use the Monday telephone service.
Third dose recommended for people who have received Sputnik coronavirus vaccine at a short interval
Anyone who has received the Sputnik coronavirus vaccine abroad at a short interval is recommended to get a third vaccine dose. Eligible for the third vaccine dose are persons who have received their first and second Sputnik coronavirus vaccine less than 6 weeks apart when more than 6 months have passed since the second dose. An mRNA vaccine (Biontech-Pfizer or Moderna) can be used for the third dose.
Appointments for the third dose can be booked via the call-back service on Mondays from 8 to 9 at 013 330 2131.
The Sputnik coronavirus vaccine is not included in the vaccine series accepted by the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL) for entry to Finland. However, people who have received two Sputnik vaccinations are considered to have received a full vaccination series, and THL does not recommend additional doses on medical grounds to anyone else other than people vaccinated at a short interval.
Recipients of two Sputnik vaccinations are not eligible to receive a coronavirus vaccination certificate even if they receive a third dose of an mRNA vaccine used in Finland. The certificate requires a full vaccination series with vaccines accepted by THL for entry to Finland.
Further information: THL recommendation on vaccine series accepted in Finland