Coronavirus vaccinations in Siun sote
Vaccination turns and how to book an appointment:
- Now it is the turn for those born in 2009 or earlier to get their vaccines (those being vaccinated must be at least 12 years old before their vaccination appointment)
- Book your first vaccination time preferably on line: jono.eaika.fi/siunsote.html
- Note! The online reservation system can be used to make an appointment for only one vaccination - the appointment for the booster vaccination is given in connection with the first vaccination.
- The telephone service is open on Mondays: tel. +35813 330 2131
- from 8:00-9:00 AM for making an appointment for the first vaccine dose and for the urgent cancellation or change of an appointment (vaccination appointment for the same week)
- From 9:00-11:00 AM, callback service for non-urgent changes of appointment times (vaccination appointment more than a week away)
New bookable appointments on Saturdays and Mondays
New appointments will become available for booking on Saturdays at 12 noon and on Mondays at 8 am.
Instruction video for booking an appointment online
Watch the video to see how to book a vaccination appointment online:
Vaccinations are organised at Siun sote health stations in different municipalities. In addition, coronavirus vaccinations are administered at the vaccination point at Malmikatu 9 in the centre of Joensuu and, if necessary, at the premises of private providers.
Both vaccination doses are administered at the same vaccination site.
Two vaccinations ensure the best protection
The COVID-19 vaccine is administered in two doses. When you get your first vaccination, you will be given an appointment for the second vaccination. The second vaccine dose is administered 6 weeks after the first vaccination.
The second vaccine dose is important in order to boost the protective efficacy of the vaccine. The second dose also ensures that the protection lasts as long as possible.
The second appointment will be at the same vaccination point where the first vaccine was administered.
Changing a booster vaccination appointment
The vaccination appointment reserved for the 2nd dose can only be postponed if there is an unavoidable obstacle. For those travelling abroad for a long time, the interval between vaccinations can be shortened on a case-by-case basis. Under the policy line taken by Siun sote, the gap between the first and second doses must be at least 6 weeks. The interval between vaccines can be shortened for medical reasons on a case-by-case basis. Changing appointments is possible only on Mondays through the telephone number used for booking coronavirus vaccines. Contact the health stations only for urgent cancellation of vaccination appointments.
Maintaining safety instructions
It should be noted that even after being vaccinated it is still important to maintain safety distances, maintain good hand and coughing hygiene, use a face covering when maintaining a safe distance is not possible, go for a test if any symptoms emerge and comply with any other guidelines relating to combating coronavirus.