Kuvakaruselli työikäisten palvelut
Social services for people of working age
Services for people of working age are provided for adults and families aged 18 to 64 living in the Siun sote area. We will help you when you need support, guidance and counselling in different everyday situations.
Social work and social guidance provide customers support for making changes. Among other things, the aim of making changes is to reinforce the customer's well-being, independent coping, and life management, and to reduce vulnerability.
A package of social support and social services to meet your needs will be built together with a social worker or social counsellor.
You can contact the services for example if you or someone close to you are experiencing
- difficulties in coping with everyday life
- difficulties in moving forward in life due to prolonged unemployment or reduced ability to work
- mental health or substance abuse problems
- housing problems or if you do not have a place to stay
- a need for guidance and counselling related to social security or other social services
- a sudden crisis or a violent experience
- financial problems.
Services for people of working age include
- guidance and counselling
- discussion and support
- rehabilitative work activities
- services for the homeless
- supplementary and preventive social assistance
- financial intermediation account service
- social lending
- social emergency and crisis services.
How to receive services
If you are a new customer, call the social welfare office for assistance.
If you already have a designated employee, they will help you when you make an appointment.
Social emergency services provide help in crisis situations mainly in the evenings and weekends.
Valtimo health station
Your own health station will provide you with primary health care services. You can make a doctor's or nurse's appointment and receive other services at the health station. The health station is your primary place of receiving care, and you can be referred to further examinations and treatments.
If you need urgent care, for example due to an accident, you can also go directly to the emergency clinic at the Central Hospital. However, we recommend that you call your health station first. Health stations are closed in the evenings and on weekends. At these times, sudden illnesses and accidents are treated at the emergency clinic at the Central Hospital.
Available languages: Finnish, English.