Contact your local maternity clinic when you discover that you are pregnant. The first visit to the maternity clinic usually takes place between weeks 8 and 10 of pregnancy.
Your spouse is welcome to join you on your maternity clinic appointments.
During the first visit, your basic illnesses and possible medications are noted. It is important for your doctor to know about your pregnancy to ensure the suitability of any medication during pregnancy.
The services are intended for the inhabitants of the Siun sote area.
Book an appointment at the maternity and child health clinic telephone service
The maternity and child health clinics are open by appointment. Call the maternity and child health clinics’ central telephone service to make an appointment, tel. +358 13 330 2841 Mon–Fri 7:30–15:00.
Childbirth classes are organised in Finnish. They are primarily intended for first-time parents: the pregnant person and their accompanying support person.
- Centralised telephone service for maternity and child health clinics
- Centralised telephone service for family planning clinics and maternity and child health clinics.
- Monday—Friday 8.00—14.00
- Exceptions to opening hours
- This page has a list of exceptions for holidays and other changes in opening hours.
etusivun linkki childbirth
Contact information maternity health clinic
Centralised telephone service for maternity and child health clinics
Tel. +358 13 330 2841 Mon–Fri 8:00–15:00.
- guidance and advice
- booking appointments
- changing or cancelling booked appointments