Kuvakaruselli koululainen reppu selässä
- All international degree students at Riveria.
- Exchange students at Riveria studying less than 2 months in the field of social and health care.
- Exchange students at Karelia studying less than 2 months in the field of social and health care.
Read the following instructions well in advance before you arrive in Finland for a student exchange or degree studies. The student health care of Siun sote requests international students to send a health information inquiry. Inquiry is carried out primarily with an electoronic Health information inquiry -form.
You need to send your health information inquiry at least two months before you arrive in Finland. This is especially important, if you are going to study in the field of social and health care.
Your personal and health data will be processed in accordance with data protection regulations.
Before you arrive in Finland
Make sure that you have valid vaccinations and health check-ups required in Finland. You can find detailed information on the form Health information inquiry for international students.
- Make sure that you have valid vaccinations and health check-ups required in Finland.
- Request an English-language certificate signed by a health care professional on your vaccinations and the necessary health information. Take the certificates with you when you arrive in Finland.
- Make sure you have a valid health insurance covering medical expenses and accidents. The insurance must be valid throughout your studies. If you have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or UK Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC), you do not need a separate insurance.
- Open and fill out the form Health information inquiry for international students. Save it to your computer or other device.
- If you have any questions about completing the health information form, you can send general questions by email to internationalstudent.healthcare(at)siunsote.fi. Send your personal information, the completed health information form and its attachments through a secure email service, either by using electronic identification or by responding to a secure email. See detailed instruction below.
Sending the form by using electronic identification
You can identify yourself electronically in some European countries. You can check whether you can use identification on the page Suomi.fi by selecting identification and identification methods for foreigners at the bottom of the page that opens. The Finnish Authenticator application is not available in our service.
- If identification is successful, open the link for secure email: student health care for international students
- Enter your email address in the sender field and select "Jatka" to continue.
- Select "Tunnista" for authentication and the system will transfer you to authentication. Identify yourself in the system with your personal banking ID, mobile ID or identity card.
- Choose "Ulkomaalaisen tunnistustavat" for foreigners' dentification methods at the end of the page. Choose your country and identify yourself.
- You will be notified of successful authentication. Select "Jatka palveluun" to continue to the secure e-mail service.
- In the subject field "Aihe", enter the name of the educational institution at which and the field of study in which you will study in Finland. By doing this, your email will be directed to the public health nurse in your field of study.
- Enter a message in the message field "Viesti", for example your name or contact information, and attach the needed documents under "Liitetiedostot". Select the completed health information form from your device and attach it by selecting "Liitä". In addition to the health information form, attach electronic copies of your vaccination information and an electronic copy of your health insurance cards. Remember to attach copies of both sides of the cards.
- Finally, select "Lähetä".
- You will be notified that the message was sent successfully. Click "Lopeta" to close the secure mail service.
Sending the form by replying to a secure email
If electronic identification is not possible, send the form by replying to a secure email. You have to identify yourself after you have received the secure email link. For that you will need a valid passport or other official identity card. Do not send any personal data before you have received the secure link.
- First, send a regular email to internationalstudent.healthcare(at)siunsote.fi. In the subject field, enter the name of the educational institution at which and the field of study in which you will study in Finland.
- You will receive a reply as a secure email.
- Reply to the email: attach a picture of your passport or identity card and the completed health information form as well as electronic copies of your vaccination information and health insurance cards. Remember to attach copies of both sides of the cards.
A health care professional will check the form you have sent and may ask you to provide additional health information if it is necessary. In this case, you will be contacted through a secure email.
International students - after arriving
Remember to take the necessary insurance documents and the health certificates mentioned above with you when arriving in Finland. We also recommend you to take the completed health information inquiry with you.
After arriving in Finland
Once your studies have begun, you will receive an invitation to a health meeting if it is necessary. For more detailed instructions on booking an appointment, see this page: Student health care.
Student health care - linkki
International students - yhteystiedot
Email for general questions: internationalstudent.healthcare(at)siunsote.fi
If you are sending personal information, please use the secure email service. See detailed information under titles Sending the form by using electronic identification or Sending the form by replying to a secure email.