Kuvakaruselli hoitaja ja asiakas videopuhelussa
LInkkinostot ilman kuvaa customer fees
Do you have questions about invoices or decisions?
If you have any questions about an invoice you have received, please contact
- potilastoimisto(at)siunsote.fi or asiakaslaskutus(at)siunsote.fi. Enter the invoice number and your name (no personal identity code).
- the telephone number indicated on the invoice or the customer payment services’ telephone service at +358 13 330 9030 (service available Mon 8:00–15:00 and Tue–Fri 9:00–14:00).
Telephone service menu (the automatic recording is in Finnish):
1. Central Hospital fees
2. health centre and dental care fees
3. home care and family care fees
4. housing service fees
5. health centre inpatient ward fees
You can request additional information on the decision concerning your customer fee from the person whose contact details are shown in the decision.
Residents of the Member States of the European Union, EEA States or Switzerland must prove their right to immediate medical care with the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or a temporary replacement certificate for the EHIC, which will allow them to receive treatment with the same customer fees as people living in Finland.
- Nordic residents who do not have an EHIC card can prove their right to care with a passport or identity card and their address in the country of residence.
- Residents of the United Kingdom (Great Britain) who do not have an EHIC card can prove their right to care with a passport or identity card and their address in the country of residence.
- Australian residents can prove their right to care with a passport and their address in the country of residence. The agreement does not apply to students.
If a person does not present an above-mentioned card or proof, they do not have the right to receive treatment with the same customer fees as the residents of the municipality.
Residents of EU/EEA countries or Switzerland seeking non-urgent care must present an E112 form or S2 form, or they will be charged a fee corresponding to actual costs.
Persons from other countries will be charged fees that correspond to actual costs for both urgent and non-urgent care.
If the patient does not pay the care fee themselves, they must present a payment commitment from an insurance company or other similar information on the party that will pay the fee.
Foreigners whose municipality of residence is in Finland or who are covered by Finnish health insurance or who have a valid certificate of entitlement to care benefits in Finland are charged the same fees as permanent residents in Finland.
Health centre fees
- Doctor's appointment €20.60 for the first three appointments in a calendar year. Free of charge with a veteran ID and for persons under 18 years of age
- Nurse's appointment €11.40 for the first three appointments in a calendar year. Free of charge with a veteran ID and for persons under 18 years of age as well as unemployed persons (certificate of current status as a job seeker must be presented at the appointment)
- Serial care €11.40/appointment for a maximum of 45 appointments per calendar year
- Individual physiotherapy or occupational therapy €11.40/appointment
Fees for specialised medical care
Outpatient clinic fee €41.20. An outpatient clinic fee is not charged if the patient is admitted to an inpatient ward during the same day. No fee is charged for psychiatric outpatient clinic visits.
- Emergency clinic visits, outpatient clinic fee €41.20. The fee is not charged from war veterans or persons under the age of 18.
- The fee for outpatient surgery or early postoperative discharge is €135.10
- Serial care fee €11.40/appointment for a maximum of 45 appointments per calendar year. The fee is not charged from persons under the age of 18.
- Daily hospital fee €48.90
- Daily hospital fee after payment ceiling has been reached €22.50
- Daily hospital fee, short-term psychiatric treatment €22.50
- Rehabilitation day 16.90 €
- Day and night care fee €22.50
- Relative staying overnight at an inpatient ward €20.00
- Fees for home hospital care and palliative outpatient clinic care:
- €13.50 /home visit by nurse, but no more than €30 a day from nurses' home visits.
- €18.90 /doctor's home visit
- €11.40 /visit for nurse's visits to a home hospital office or palliative outpatient clinic. Collected no more than three times during a calendar year.
Customer fees for oral health care, basic fees
- Oral hygienist's appointment €10.20 (free of charge for persons under 18)
- Dentist's appointment €13.10 (free of charge for persons under 18)
- Dental specialist's appointment €19.20 (free of charge for persons under 18)
- In special cases, a fee of €41.20 or €135.10 is charged for specialised oral and jaw care provided at the health centre
Institutional care fees
- Short-term institutional care €48.90/treatment day (after the payment ceiling is reached €22.50/treatment day)
- An income-related fee is charged for long-term institutional care.
- Doctor's and dentist's certificates €50.80
- Driving licence certificate €61.00
- A more detailed list of free certificates and certificates that are subject to a fee: Sosiaali- ja terveydenhuollon asiakasmaksut.pdf (in Finnish)
Fees for unused services that were not cancelled
People aged 15 or over will be charged €50.80 for the following unused services that were not cancelled
- health centre physician's appointment
- oral and dental examination and treatment appointment
- outpatient care appointment in specialised medical care, including day surgery
- appointment for an expensive imaging examination.
No fee is charged for unused psychiatric appointments or mental health centre appointments. Also, no fees will be charged when there is an acceptable reason for not having cancelled an appointment.
All Siun sote customer fees are paid to the bank by invoice.
Bank account number for Siun sote – joint municipal authority for North Karelia social and health services: FI47 5770 0520 3772 24 BIC OKOYFIHH
Use the reference number on the invoice when making the payment.
Payment at service points
Customer fees can also be paid by cash, or by bank card or credit card at the following local service points:
Joensuun palvelut/Joensuun kassa (cash register), Rantakatu 20, Kaupungintalo (municipal office)
Joensuun palvelut/ Tuupovaaran kassa (cash register), Virastotie 10, Tuupovaara
Joensuun palvelut/ Kiihtelysvaaran kassa (cash register), Aprakkatie 2, Kiihtelysvaara
Joensuun palvelut/ Enon kassa (cash register), Kunnantie 2, Eno
Joensuun palvelut/ Pyhäselän kassa (cash register), Lastaustie 2, Hammaslahti
Ilomantsin kunnanvirasto (municipal office), Soihtulantie 7, Ilomantsi
Kaupungintalon yhteispalvelupiste (general service point), Kiteentie 25, Kitee
Virastotalon kassa (cash register), Keskuskatu 8, Kontiolahti
Asiakaspalvelupiste (service point), Pielisentie 3, Lieksa
Customer fees are enforceable without a judgment or decision.
Unpaid debts will be submitted to a debt collection agency (Intrum) for collection. A notice fee and interest on late payment in accordance with the Interest Act are charged for the payment due.
Please note that invoices received through the Intrum reminder service along with interest on late payment and collection costs will be paid to the Intrum bank account.
If you need more time to pay a customer invoice or have financial difficulty paying customer fees, please contact by e-mail
- specialiced health care: potilastoimisto(at)siunsote.fi
- primary health care: asiakaslaskutus(at)siunsote.fi
Enter the invoice number and your name (no personal identity code).
Contact information customer fees
Customer payment services
Contact by e-mail: Enter the invoice number and your name (no personal identity code).
- specialiced medical care: potilastoimisto(at)siunsote.fi
- primary health care: asiakaslaskutus(at)siunsote.fi
Tel. +358 13 330 9030
service available Mon 8:00–15:00 and Tue–Fri 9:00–14:00