Coronasivun kuvakaruselli

COVID certificates

Many countries require a coronavirus vaccination certificate from tourists. Practices between countries may vary. If you are travelling abroad, you must find out yourself what types of certificates are required when entering the destination country.

The EU Digital COVID Certificate is used in the EU region. This EU coronavirus vaccination certificate consists of three different certificates: a certificate of COVID-19 vaccination, a certificate of a COVID-19 test result, and a certificate of recovery from COVID-19.

The EU vaccination certificate shows that the person has received the two coronavirus vaccinations and the vaccination date of the second vaccination. If you are travelling outside the EU, you may need a certificate specifying both vaccinations separately. For cases like this, you can request a free-form vaccination certificate from the health station. However, a free-form certificate may not be accepted by all countries.

Coronavirus vaccination certificates from My Kanta or Siun sote

Save or print The EU coronavirus vaccination certificate from My Kanta pages:

  1. Log in to My Kanta at using your own ID tokens, such as online banking IDs or a mobile certificate.
  2. Select COVID Certificate from the menu on the left. You can also find a link to the certificate section on the front page of My Kanta.
  3. Press the pdf link to open the corona certificate. If you have a certificate, it will open in a new tab.
  4. Save the PDF file to your phone or other device. This way, you will have the certificate ready when you need it. You can also print out the certificate on paper.

If you cannot use the My Kanta service

If you cannot use the My Kanta service or you need a certificate as a printout, and you do not have a printer, you can request a certificate from Siun sote’s patient record archive by sending a written request form or by calling.

There are three types of certificates, please indicate in your request the type of certificate you need:

  1. certificate of coronavirus vaccination
  2. certificate of the result of your most recent coronavirus test
  3. certificate of having recovered from a COVID-19 infection.

Submitting a request:

Request must be done personally or on behalf of a dependent.Your identity will be verified in connection with your request.

The certificate will be sent to you in second class mail.

Certificate of COVID vaccination administered abroad

In principle, the COVID vaccination certificate is obtained from the country in which the vaccination was administered. However, a person who has been vaccinated in a third country may need to have the COVID vaccination certificate issued by the third country converted into an EU COVID vaccination certificate in order to benefit from the rights of digital EU COVID vaccination certificates.

You can apply for an EU COVID certificate for COVID-19 vaccinations administered abroad by filling in a form. Print out the form here: Application for an EU COVID certificate for COVID-19 vaccinations administered abroad (pdf). Mail the filled form to Siun sote patient record archive to the address: Siun soten potilaskertomusarkisto, Tikkamäentie 16, 80210 Joensuu. An electronic form in Finnish will become available later.

We will only process applications where the applicant's home address or residence address is in the Siun sote area. Non-EU COVID certificates are valid in Finland as an corona passport since 23. Dcecember 2021.

Coronavirus information and instructions